Sunday, December 2, 2007

CHALLEGE: Man Booker Challenge

Dewey must believe in that old adage 'good things occur in threes' because she is hosting three challenges for next year. Yes, I said three. I'm most interested in the Man Booker Challenge, but she is also hosting a Graphic Novels Challenge and The Printz Award Challenge, for young adult novels. The Printz one will stay on my radar because I signed up for Joy's Young Adult Challenge, so I'll have to look into that a bit more. The Man Booker Challenge is to read 6 books that were winners or short listed for the Man Booker Award.

I already planned to read the following Booker Winners for the Booker Challenge and Bookers are one of my categories for the 888 challenge:

Maybe I'll just read 6 shortlisted books. Books from the short list that intrigue me include:

  • The Night Watch - Sarah Waters (chunkster)
  • Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (1% well read)
  • Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood (end of the world)
  • Family Matters - Rohinton Mistry (1% well read)
  • Atonement - Ian McEwan (book awards)
  • In the Country of Men - Hisham Matar (notable)
  • Mister Pip - Lloyd Jones (Orbis Terrarum)

I can easily read 6 from this list of books.

challenge wrap up here

2 comments:

  1. I have only read Atonement from the books you listed, but that one I loved very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for putting the word out about all three of my challenges. And thanks for joining one! I think we'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)