Saturday, April 28, 2007

CHALLENGE: Classics Challenge Kathrin

The Winter Classics Challenge got me started. There are so many classic books I have never read, that the chance to join another challenge and read a few more was too good to pass up. Kathrin missed the first and decided to host her own classic challenge, and it sounds perfect: read 3 - 5 books between July 1 and November 30. I'm in, definately. Additionally, I have some early decades for the 15books/15decades challenge (from 1890s - 1910s) that I want to read. They are classics. My book choices are:

  • Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte I am possibly the last reader on earth who has not read this.
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde Along with Jane Eyre, this is on the list of top 20 50_books list. And I love Wilde's play 'The Importance of Being Earnest' (1890s)
  • O'Pioneers! - Willa Cather (1910s)
  • Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle (1900s) I always enjoy mysteries and Sherlock Holmes? A classic.

I am combining this challenge with the 15books/15decades challenge, and my own personal list of books I am trying to read: 50_books , from live journal, top 20 reads

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Jane Erye or Emma - I am hoping to read Emma for the New Ideas challenge this summer. Not sure why I haven't ever picked up those books but I figure it is time to give them a try. I will have to check out the classics challenge too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - it is the New Notions challenge - I have a link on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I haven't read is The Hound. I really enjoyed the ones I read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)