Sunday, May 25, 2008

CHALLENGE: Canadian Book Challenge, Eh? update


The White Stripes Way: 13 Books, 13 Provinces/Territories

How to be a Canadian - Will and Ian Ferguson - Alberta
The Call of the Wild - Jack London - Yukon
Latitudes of Melt - Joan Clark - Newfoundland & Labrador
Yellowknife - Steve Zipp - Northwest Territories
The End of East - Jen Sookfong Lee - British Columbia
All in Together Girls - Kate Sutherland - Saskatchewan
Lorelei - Lori Derby Bingley - PEI
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz -Mordecai Richler - Quebec
Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures -Vincent Lam - Ontario
Hockey Dreams - David Adams Richard - New Brunswick
a boy of good breeding - Miriam Toews - Manitoba
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood -Alistair MacLeod - Nova Scotia
The Inuk Mountie Adventure - Eric Wilson - Nunavut

Favorite Book: The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz

Breakdown: 2 short story collections, 2 nonfiction, 2 childrens, 1 Giller winner, 2 books by bloggers

thanks to john mutford for hosting, to Zachariah Wells for donating the poetry book I won. I don't need a challenge to read Canadian books but it is lots of fun when other people are reading them too, and I am learning about authors I haven't read before.

See ya July 1st to start again, ya hosers.

2 comments:

  1. I still have 4 books to go! AAAAGH! will I have enough time.....I have started my new collection for when the second challenge begins July 1, which I made easier by making it mostly novels! Congratulations to you, you hoser, for finishing early! rats.... I have 36 days to go.....and I love your reading from every province. did you notice a difference in style or tone, or anything that made it noticeably Canadian? (since you now have all this time on your hands....!!lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Quite the assortment of books, and a great one to end on. I've read four of those on your list (London, Clarke, Richard, and MacLeod) and enjoyed each one. I'll probably read Zipp's book in the 2nd challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)