Monday, June 22, 2009

CHALLENGE: Summer Reading Challenge

Virginie is having a reading challenge. You should go check this one out. Here are the rules for this challenge. This looks pretty interesting. I probably won't be able to do it all, but it looks like it might be fun to follow along with. I've put my suggestions in italics, and I'll bold the category I get completed.

Virginie Says…

"So, I decided to make up my own challenge – mostly to push myself to get off the computer and read more! Plus, it will help me whittle down that TBR list…lol Here it is. Join if you like. It runs from June 1 to September 30."

My running total: 210 points

5 Point Challenges

Read a Chick Lit book - Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
Read a historical fiction book - In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant
Read a book just because you like the cover - American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
Read anything by Jean Plaidy -
Read a book with a number in the title - Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

10 Point Challenges

Read a book about Royalty (biography or fiction) - Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
Read a classic - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Read a book by an author you’ve never read before - The View from Castle Rock - Alice Munro
Read a celebrity biography/autobiography- Searching for Bobby Orr
Read a hardcover book - The Little Stranger, Sarah Waters

15 Point Challenges

Read a book with a one word title - Fingersmith, Sarah Waters
Read a book based on a Biblical character - Lamb by Christopher Moore
Read a book that was made into a movie - The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
Read a book by an author born in June, July, August or September - Keeping the Moon, Sarah Dessen
Read a book with a summer word in the title (summer, sun, sand, hot, etc.) - The Last Summer (of You and Me)

20 Point Challenges

Read a book in a series AND the one after it - The Smell of the Night and Rounding the Mark by Andrea Camilleri
Read a Danielle Steele Jodi Picoult AND a Maeve Binchy book - The Pactand London Transports
Read a book from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list - Fifth Business by Robertson Davies
Read a book considered Christian Fiction -
Read a book of your choice BUT read it outside - I Was Amelia Earhart

250 Points total

Virginie says: Anyone who joins me and posts their progress to my blog (I’ll post how I’m doing and you can comment how you’re doing) will be entered to win a book by Jean Plaidy.

2 comments:

  1. If anybody wants a headstart, try Dangerous Days by J.William Turner. It is a recent release by Eloquent Books/AEG Publishing.
    The book consists of four separate sub-novels within the one cover, with each story following on from the previous. The main character is a teenage boy, but there are strong supporting teenage girl characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a different sort of challenge. You are doing pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)