Sunday, November 2, 2008

CHALLENGE: Countdown Challenge

3m has thought of another original challenge based on dates. She's done the Decades Challenge -for older books, In the Pub - for books published this year, and now, for all the books in the middle, the Countdown. Starting from 8/8/08 until 9/9/09, the goal is to read 9 books published in 2009, 8 books published in 2008, and so on, back until you are reading 1 book published in 2001. This is a great challenge, because it is just reading those books you've been hearing about for the past few years, and have always wanted to read.

I've gone back and determined what books I've already read - cool! a retroactive reading challenge, and then looked at books I have around here and am hoping to read soon, and came up with the following list, all subject to change. If it's linked, it's already been read.

total so far: 45/45!


2009 - read 9 books

2008 - read 8 books

2007 - read 7 books


2006 - read 6 books


2005 - read 5 books

2004 - read 4 books

2003 - read 3 books

2002 - read 2 books

2001 - read 1 book


5 comments:

  1. You're ahead of me already!! I have 9 completed so far.

    So glad you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will help me get caught up on some series I have going.

    I think this will be a good exchange for the 888. That was fun too, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got a really good start on this one! i'm just getting organized with it; hopefully i've already read a bunch that qualify too. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing the challenge. Hope you consider participating again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I'm looking at other people's lists and they're partially helping me build a list for the upcoming Countdown Challenge and partially adding to my TBR pile! You've got some great books on here. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)