Sunday, February 25, 2007

CHALLENGE: Banned Book Challenge

The six books I plan to read, between Feb 26 and June 30th, 2007 for the Banned Book Challenge are:

Ordinary People by Judith Guest
The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynn Reid Banks
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Boy Who Lost his Face by Louis Sachar

I am focusing on great children's literature because these are the types of books my son is reading right now.[and they are usually shorter!] Other adult ones I am thinking of including would be: In Cold Blood, Naked Lunch, One Hundred Years of Solitude or Love in the Time of Cholera and One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest.

I'll add a list of other books from the list that I happen to read before the end of June:
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley