Wednesday, April 2, 2008

CHALLENGE: Novella Challenge

Trish is hosting her first challenge. Boy, she jumped into this blogging/reading challenges with both feet. Since books under 250 are ones that appeal to me because I can read them in one or two sittings, I want to sign up.

The Rules:
Read six novellas between April 2008 and September 2008. You do not need to post your choices in advance.
The novella needs to be between 100 and 250 pages
The rest of the information can be found at the blogsite.

Here's my potential list:
  1. Stardust by Neil Gaiman 238 p
  2. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett 124 p
  3. This Blinding Absence of Light by Tahar Ben Jelloun 190 p
  4. The Awakening by Kate Chopin 190 p
  5. Shadow Family by Miyuki Miyabe 188 p
  6. The Call of the Wild by Jack London 172 p

Did I mention I won a book at Trish's blog? I was very excited, but in a subdued way, since Trish didn't finish the book and didn't like it at all! She is hoping to pass it on to someone who might like it, so hopefully I will like The Sister by Poppy Adams.
Thanks, Trish. There are so many book give aways going on right now, I don't even know where to begin. Start looking and you'll find a giveaway.

5 comments:

  1. I read The Uncommon Reader in one sitting after my birthday and really liked it, although I found the ending to be rather sudden. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved #1 and #2. I also hope to read Hotel du Lac.

    Congrats on getting The Sister. I have that as well and should be reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kkfea74 - I've been waiting since December to get The Uncommon Reader at my library. I think it's finally almost in, so I can't wait to read it.

    3m - I requested The Uncommon Reader after you listed it best read of the year. I've been waiting 4 months to get it from my library. I found Hotel du Lac at a 2nd hand book store, and it looks short. I love the idea of a novella chalelnge.
    My edition of Stardust is actually 333 pages, but they are small and large print. I was surprised it was considered a novella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just last night that I said to my sister, Framed, that I wasn't going to join anymore challenges. So what's the first thing I do when I read your post? I start looking around for books with less than 250 pages. It's a compulsion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. booklogged - under 250 pages is hardly even a book! You could do that before supper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)