Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CHALLENGE: Young Adult Challenge Completed

The goal: read 12 young adult books in the year 2008

completed as of April 30, 2008

The books:

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Beauty by Robin McKinley
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O"Dell (Newbery 1962)
So Long, Jackie Robinson by Nancy Russell
The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
Vegan Virgin Valentine by Carolyn Mackler
Zel by Donna Jo Napoli
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli (Newbery 1991)
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

the host: joy at thoughts of joy...

best book: there were a lot of good books, and I don't think I can pick one. When I look at the list, I can't pick my favorite. I refuse to be tied down to a favorite book!

best part: I think my favorite part was that my 10 year read two of the books with me, Maniac Magee and So Long, Jackie Robinson

If you are interested in this challenge, there is still lots of time to join.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the challenge!!! I should be reading The Chocolate War soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookfool - thank you ever so kindly!

    3m - thanks, I'll be interested to hear what you think about The Chocolate War.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! And, in case you're wondering, I removed that comment in case of spammers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Raidergirl3! Young Adult books were new to me with this challenge and I enjoyed it. Apparently you did, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks joy, it was great. I enjoy young adult novels and will keep reading them, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)