Thursday, April 10, 2008

BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY: Writing Challenge


Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
Turn to page 123.
What is the first sentence on the page?
The last sentence on the page?
Now . . . connect them together….(And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)
I just got a new book in the mail today: The Sister by Poppy Adams. Thanks Trish! So while I haven't read it yet, here's what I found on page 123:
God, I think I might have to go and live in Spain. I can't take this cold weather any more. The snow has been falling and falling and while I love skiing downhill to work every morning, the walk up the mountain at the end of the day is terrible. There are advantages, of course, to a mountain, and the fresh air, and wholesome food grown here make it feel healthy. The climate change has caused the weather to extend the winters, however, and the flooding in the spring can be dangerous. Wait! What was that rumbling? We haven't had an avalanche yet this winter. All at once the house, and everything in it, felt extremely precarious.

5 comments:

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)