Saturday, December 3, 2011

CHALLENGE: Aussie Author Challenge 2012

 Some challenges are really challenges! I've tried twice to read the higher level of this challenge, and failed both times. Booklover Book Reviews is hosting, with the sign-up page and lots of info, found here.

Challenge Period: 1 January 2012 – 31 December 2012
OBJECTIVE Read and review books written by Australian Authors – physical books, ebooks and audiobooks, fiction and non-fiction!
Challenge Levels:
TOURIST – Read and review 3 books by at least 2 different Australian Authors
DINKY-DI – Read and review 12 books by at least 6 different Australian authors
‘Dinky-Di’ is Australian slang meaning ‘true or genuine’.

What will I be trying this year?
Kerry Greenwood - (Phrynne Fisher series) Blood and Circuses, Ruddy Gore, Urn Burial, Raisins and Almonds
Peter Temple - (Jack Irish series) Bad Debts, Black Tide,
Jaclyn Moriarty - The Murder of Bindy McKenzie
Kate Grenville - The Secret River, Lillian's Story
Kate Morton - The Forgotten Garden
Tim Winton - Breath (library, 217 pages)
Thomas Keneally - Schindler's Ark


What I read in 2012:
1. Blood and Circuses - Kerry Greenwood
2. Ruddy Gore - Kerry Greenwood
3. Breath - Tim Winton

3 comments:

  1. I really liked The Secret River! Hope you enjoy your Aussie odyssey next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. caspette said - Kerry Greenwood is great! I really enjoy the Phryne Fisher series (and its being turned into a tv series)

    I have Kate Grenville to read as well for Orange January.

    Kate Morton and Peter Temple I have heard are good (But I have not read them) and Time Winton is a popular but I dont really like his stuff. Some good books there.

    BookLoverBookReviews said - A very warm welcome back to the Aussie Author Challenge for its third year!

    There is no such thing as 'failing' - as long as more Australian authors were read than would have been otherwise, that's a success as far as I am concerned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same about Tim Winton. I've only read one of his books, "The Riders", and it left me cold. I feel like I should give him another go but when you have to talk yourself into trying there doesn't seem a lot of point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)