Tuesday, March 4, 2008

CHALLENGE: The Eponymous Challenge

Over at Between the Covers, coversgirl is hosting her first challenge. And there is a choice of buttons. Never underestimate the appeal of a good Challenge button. I've been sucked in several times. Plus, I love that word. Eponymous. So cool. Here's the deal:

The Eponymous Challenge
"Here’s how it works:
The challenge will run from 1 March to 31 May, 2008.

During that time your mission should you choose to accept it is to read 4 books whose titles are the name of one or more of the characters (e.g. Evelina, Oscar and Lucinda); or a description of one or more of the characters (e.g. The Merchant of Venice, Sylvia’s Lovers).
Non-fiction books and overlaps with other challenges are welcome, as are books named after four-legged characters."

I'm making a list and hoping to read 4 from this list

  1. The Life and Times of Michael K - JM Coetzee
  2. One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich
  3. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn [hmm, this looks like a possessive use of name, not the eponymous-ness required of the challenge. I'll find another book to use instead]
  4. Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli
  5. Miss Julia Takes Over - Ann B Ross
  6. Ender's Shadow
  7. Zel - Donna Jo Napoli
  8. King Leary - Paul Quarrington

Wrap up post is here

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge! Both Linkies are now functioning, so I added the link for you.

    Glad you like the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the challenge. I would like to read King Leary myself but being an expat in Korea it's not really an option at this moment. Read it for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to leave you my book blog address.

    http://thatsthebook.blog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)