The Eponymous Challenge
"Here’s how it works:
The challenge will run from 1 March to 31 May, 2008.
During that time your mission should you choose to accept it is to read 4 books whose titles are the name of one or more of the characters (e.g. Evelina, Oscar and Lucinda); or a description of one or more of the characters (e.g. The Merchant of Venice, Sylvia’s Lovers).
Non-fiction books and overlaps with other challenges are welcome, as are books named after four-legged characters."
I'm making a list and hoping to read 4 from this list
- The Life and Times of Michael K - JM Coetzee
- One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich
- Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn [hmm, this looks like a possessive use of name, not the eponymous-ness required of the challenge. I'll find another book to use instead]
- Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli
- Miss Julia Takes Over - Ann B Ross
- Ender's Shadow
- Zel - Donna Jo Napoli
- King Leary - Paul Quarrington
Wrap up post is here