Thursday, December 31, 2009

CHALLENGE: Aussie Author Challenge


Being hosted at Booklover Book Reviews
January 1 - December 31, 2010

You can be:
TOURIST - Read and review 3 books by 3 different Australian authors
FAIR DINKUM - Read and review 8 books by Australian authors (a minimum of 5 different Australian authors)

I expect I'll be a tourist, but being a Fair Dinkum sounds like so much fun!

Check out here for more info, and for sign-ups.

Potential authors to read:
  • Peter Carey - The True History of the Kelly Gang (Booker Winner)
  • Kate Grenville - The Secret River, The Idea of Perfection (New Author)
  • Kerry Greenwood - a Phryne Fisher mystery
  • Jaclyn Moriarty - Feeling Sorry for Celia (Young Adult)
  • Geraldine Brooks - Year of Wonders
  • Markus Zusak (I think he's releasing a new book in September 2010!)
The books I read:
1. Kerry Greenwood - The Green Mill Murder 03/26
2. Shaun Tan - The Arrival (graphic novel) 04/06
3. Peter Temple - Truth 06/07
4. Jaclyn Moriarty - Feeling Sorry for Celia 08/22
5.

4 comments:

  1. I am in for this one as well, mainly out of a sense of national guilt! I don't read any where near enough Aussie authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me in this challenge! I look forward to sharing reviews. I am also thinking of reading something from Grenville, Greenwood and Zusak. I hope to also uncover some of the lesser known but great Aussie authors through my Aussie Author In Focus series of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. marg - thanks for pointing this out to me.

    booklover Book Reviews - I read a Greenwood last year, and enjoyed the different time period. And much Zusak love here, so I am excited he might have a new book released this year. I also read The Slap this year- quite a look at modern Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend Ned Kelly by Robert Drewe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)