Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Welcome to An Adventure in Reading!
Pull up a chair and have a glass of cheer and a little treat - maybe one of my caramels, or a whipped shortbread, something yummy and decadent.
This is my third year on the Advent Tour, and by the third year, I get to call my post my own tradition. I like quizzes, and guessing games so I have assembled a little Christmas music quiz. Can you guess the name of the carol by the initials of its title? Scan through the list, and see which ones you can guess. If you highlight the area after the letters, the answer will magically appear for you.
1. OCAYF O Come All Ye Faithful
2. JTTW Joy to the World
3. HTHAS Hark the Herald Angel Sings
4. GRYMG God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
5. OHN O Holy Night
6. ICUAMC It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
7. DTH Deck the Halls
8. SB Silver Bells
9. OLTOB O Little Town of Bethlehem
10. SN Silent Night
11. WTK We Three Kings of Orient Are
12. TFN The First Noel
13. IDOAWC I'm Dreaming of White Christmas
14. RTRNR Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
15. LDB Little Drummer Boy
16. OCT O Christmas Tree
17. WCIT What Child is This?
18. AIAM Away in a Manger
19. GTIOTM Go Tell it on the Mountain
20. CROAOF Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
21. FTS Frosty the Snowman
and my most favorite Christmas song:
22. DTKIC Do They Know It's Christmas?
I hope you had fun thinking of the titles.
Be sure to visit other stops on the tour today, with:
Darren @ Bart's Bookshelf
Bluestocking @ The Bluestocking Guide
Nan @ Letters from a Hill Farm