Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BLOGGING EVENT: Virtual Advent Tour


Welcome to An Adventure in Reading!
Pull up a chair and have a glass of cheer and a little treat - maybe one of my caramels, or a whipped shortbread, something yummy and decadent.

This is my third year on the Advent Tour, and by the third year, I get to call my post my own tradition. I like quizzes, and guessing games so I have assembled a little Christmas music quiz. Can you guess the name of the carol by the initials of its title? Scan through the list, and see which ones you can guess. If you highlight the area after the letters, the answer will magically appear for you.


1. OCAYF
O Come All Ye Faithful

2. JTTW
Joy to the World

3. HTHAS
Hark the Herald Angel Sings

4. GRYMG
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

5. OHN O Holy Night

6. ICUAMC It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

7. DTH Deck the Halls

8. SB Silver Bells

9. OLTOB O Little Town of Bethlehem

10. SN Silent Night

11. WTK We Three Kings of Orient Are

12. TFN The First Noel

13. IDOAWC I'm Dreaming of White Christmas

14. RTRNR Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

15. LDB Little Drummer Boy

16. OCT O Christmas Tree

17. WCIT What Child is This?

18. AIAM Away in a Manger

19. GTIOTM Go Tell it on the Mountain

20. CROAOF
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

21. FTS Frosty the Snowman

and my most favorite Christmas song:
22. DTKIC
Do They Know It's Christmas?


I hope you had fun thinking of the titles.
Be sure to visit other stops on the tour today, with:

Darren @ Bart's Bookshelf
Bluestocking @ The Bluestocking Guide
Nan @ Letters from a Hill Farm
C

20 comments:

  1. Okay, I loved your quiz. Now tell us, How did you do it?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a Christmas carols nerd - I got all of these straightaway, except the last one. I've never heard of that one! Does this harm my Christmas carol street cred?

    ReplyDelete
  3. readerbuzz - it's a bit of a secret, but what happens if you try to use white font on a white background? :)

    jenny - it's not really a Christmas carol, it's the Band Aid song from the 80s, Do they Know it's Christmas time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun! This is my favorite time of year--all the decorations and lights, and, of course, the music.

    My tour date is next week and I'm still mulling over ideas of what to post. Talk about last minute. LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, great idea! I got most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You favorite one is definitely Do They Know Its Christmas :-)

    The rest I cannot figure out like that, but I am excused, I'm Danish :-D

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I LOVE these kinds of festive mind benders. I always print off several for my students this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I got most of them, but had to peek at a couple...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas Carols are a fun Christmas tradition. Your quiz was fun too. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea Raidergirl! Thanks so much for participating in the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was fun :-) Thanks for the work break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun! I knew most of them, but others it was a blank until I checked the answers. Happy Holidays and thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the quiz. I loved how your revealed the answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was fun! I definitely appreciated the answer reveals when I couldn't get them.

    And whipped shortbread - thanks for the recipe. This may have to be the first year I try making some of that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love word games and this was so neat! I also really liked how the answer just appeared!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very fun! I might use this idea with the kids at the library, just as a quick game for them to play? It's simple but a good brain teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You forgot one!

    GGROBAR!
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    (Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer)

    heh :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you heard the BNL cover of DTKIC?

    What about least favourites? Mine is probably John Lennon's accusatory "Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)".

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post! I knew about half of them. Well, I know them all but figured out half of them!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    cjh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)