Monday, January 25, 2010

CHALLENGE: 2010 Global Reading Challenge

I was looking at the Global Challenge and trying to have resolve, when I thought What about trying the 2010 Global Challenge, and making them all mysteries? I just copied that idea from Kerri at Mysteries in Paradise. The Global Challenge sign up is here. There are links to investigate with crime series set around the world at the host site.

The Medium Challenge
Read two novels from each of these continents in the course of 2010:
Books listed are ideas, finished books will be linked to a review, or bolded.

Africa
The Full Cupboard of Life - Alexander McCall Smith (Botswana) 07/22
Thirteen Hours - Deon Meyer (South Africa) 10/30

Asia
Crossfire - Miyuke Miyabe (Japan) 01/10
Red Mandarin Dress - Qiu Xiaolong (China) 03/05

Australasia
The Green Mill Murder - Kerry Greenwood (Australia) 03/26
Vintage Murder - Ngaio Marsh (New Zealand) 05/20

Europe
Snow Angels - James Thompson (Finland) 1/27
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (Sweden) 03/22
Paper Moon - Andrea Camilleri (Italy) 4/12
Tainted Blood - Arnuldar Indridason (Iceland) 6/28

North America (incl Central America)
The Missing Ink - Karen E Olson (US - Las Vegas) 04/10
Dead Cold - Louise Penny (Canada - Quebec) 02/07

South America
The Silence of the Rain - Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza (Brazil) 08/12
Alone in the Crowd - Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza (Brazil) 11/24
Buried Strangers - Leighton Gage (Brazil)

Try to find novels from twelve different countries or states. read 12/12

2 comments:

  1. That is an interesting twist to add to that challenge. I signed up to, but I'm going to try and read books from around the world that are already on my shelves...so, no set themes for me. But it does help me tackle to challenges at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the Global Challenge I signed up for? Don't want to find myself in the wrong place. Global and mystery is great. I love Alexander McCall Smith. I've read most of the series, not all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)