Thursday, June 26, 2008

CHALLENGE: July Book blowout

Mrs S at Blue Archipelogo is hosting a summer Reading challenge called the July Book Blowout . Here's her rules:

  • The rules are simple - read as many books as you can between July 1 and 31 - and then by August 7 post a list of all of the books you read on your blog. Reviews are not required to take part.
  • How do I join in the fun?You can sign up any time between today and July 14 - just because I’m a bit slow to announce this!
  • To join you need to post about the Book Blowout on your blog - and set yourself a target number of books you will try to read - go on challenge yourself!
  • Use the Mr Linky below to link to that post so we can all see how many books you’re taking on in the Blowout
  • Post a list of the books you managed to read by the deadline of August 7 to complete the challenge
There are a few more guidelines at her blog, go check them out. I like the idea of not posting which books, just how many. My goal is to read 14 books. I've got a few chunksters and nonfiction that will slow me down so I'll keep it at my average number per month. I usually read more in the summer, so that should even things out.

I'll use this post to keep track of the books I read in July:
  1. Miss Julia Throws a Wedding - Ann B Ross
  2. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
  3. The Snack Thief - Andrea Camilleri
  4. The Night Watch - Sarah Waters
  5. The Princess Diaries - Meg Cabot
  6. Crow Lake - Mary Lawson
  7. Running With Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
  8. The Planets - Dava Sobel
  9. Maus I and II - Art Spiegelman
  10. A Fraction of the Whole - Steve Toltz
  11. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
  12. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher - Kate Summerscale
  13. Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
  14. The Birth House - Ami McKay

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've read some good books so far and should meet your target easily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)