Saturday, October 10, 2009
Challenges seem to be on the way out in blogger land - too many people are taking on too many commitments in reading so they are starting to cut back. I say, I understand the rationale behind it, but the buttons, and the list are too compelling. I can't stop. Especially for dystopian novels, and if you make it Young Adult novels? Well then, that is right up my alley. If I have to pick between 1 and 4 books to read between now and the end of the year, I can easily find that number of books to hope to read. And reading challenges are all about hopes to read. (And list, don't forget the beautiful lists!)
So thanks to Bart for hosting a challenge and keeping us book bloggers true to our roots.
Here's the list of books around the house these days that I have to pick from:
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
3. Z is for Zachariah by Robert O'Brien
4. The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne Dupre
5. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
6. The House of Power by Patrick Carman
Let's say I hope to read at least 2 of these before the end of the year.