Saturday, August 16, 2008

CHALLENGE: 2nds Challenge



Joy is hosting, in one of her last big blowouts as challenge hostess, the 2nds challenge again. Oh, I like the synchronicity of that. Anyway. Read four books by an author you have read once before. I like this one because so often I read a book by a new author and then want to read another one by them, but get distracted by other shiny new authors.

Books Read:

1. The View from Saturday by EK Konisburg (read From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler)

2. A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews (read A Boy of Good Breeding)

3. When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson ( read One Good Turn)

4. All She Was Worth by Miyuke Miyabe (I read Shadow Family)

I believe a book pool list is in order now:

Sarah Waters something (I read The Night Watch)

Alistair MacLean - No Great Mischief (I read The Lost Salt Gift of Blood)

Arnuldur Indridason - Voices (I read Silence of the Grave)

Mary Lawson -The Other Side of the Bridge (I read Crow Lake)

Graham Swift - Last Orders (I read Tomorrow)

Mordecai Richler - Barney's Version (I read The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz)

Joan Clark - An Audience of Chairs (I read Latitudes of Melt)

Paul Quarrington - King Leary (I read The Ravine)

maybe I'll read a book in September and then want to read another book by that author.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I note an author that I like after reading one book but never get around to another by them. (By the way two of your picks are personal favourites-- No Great Mischief and Barney's Version). If I can ever finish the Russian challenge, I'll probably give this one a go. I'm limiting myself though, only so many challenges at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read No Great Mischief last year and really enjoyed it. I've got several of your choices lurking on my wish list, so I'll be interested to see how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. john and megan - I can't wait to read No Great Mischief now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the 2nds Challenge, Raidergirl3! You've got a great list there.

    I can't wait to read the first Indridason and I loved both Lawson books.

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)