Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CHALLENGE: In the Pub 2008

In the Pub 2008 hosted by 3M at the Pub

I think Michelle was inspired by this Booking Through Thursday question, about what was the best book published in 2007 that you read. And she was like me, and saw a woefully small list of books published in '07, so she decided to remedy it. And her remedy? Create a challenge to read at least 8 books published this year.
But the best part is the Pub she created, hence no young adult or children's books allowed. So, since I really want to go the The Pub, I'll sign up for this challenge. Even if I don't complete it, I'll have few drinks and get some great book suggestions for the next year.

So far, the only 2008 books I know I'd like to read are:
1. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
3. The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason
4. The Ravine by Paul Quarrington
5. A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif
6. The Outcast by Sadie Jones
7. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
8. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
Obviously, most books will be selected as the year progresses and they are actually published.

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing this one, too. I think it's a great idea! It keeps us up-to-date on the latest and greatest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! After that question, I couldn't believe I had read so few 2007 books.

    Glad to be sharing virtual drinks and book reviews with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. joy - I know. It's a great idea

    3M - How do you come up with these? I remember feeling so bold/brave to join you in the decades challenge. That feels so long ago now. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)