Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CHALLENGE: I Heard it Through the Grapevine

Oh no. I've succumbed to another button. That shouldn't be a reason to join a challenge, but sometimes you never know what will catch your eye. In addition, there are books that have been recommended by some of my favorite bloggers that I'd really like to read, so this might be the chance to get them read. Lynne over at Lynnes' Little Corner of the World is the brainchild behind this challenge.

The goal of this challenge is to read 3 new-to-you books between June 1 May 1 and November 30 that have been recommended to you. Feel free to read more if you want! Any type of book is OK. It can even be a book by an author you've read before. Cross-overs with other challenges are fine, and you can change books at any time. And there will be a prize at the end of the challenge. You will need to sign up before June 1.

the books my pals raved about last year:

1. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett, recommended by 3M at onemorechapter
2. Sacred Cows by Karen E. Olsen, recommended by chris at book-a-rama

3. Broken For You by Stephanie Kallos, recommended by literary feline at musings of...

4. Then We Came to The End by Joshua Ferris
or Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill both recommended by kookiejar at a fraternity of dreamers

5. Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips, recommended by tinylittlelibrarian, and kookiejar

And while I really don't see when I'll get to these books, everytime I see the names of the books, I know I want to read them.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining my challenge. Glad you like the button! They look like interesting books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of those books. Have I been living under a rock? Titles sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lynne - it sounds like fun, thanks for organizing it.

    booklogged - 3m and literary feline both listed those books as their best of last year. I hadn't heard of them before that either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I changed the start date of this challenge to MAY 1. I also started a new blog to post lists and reviews. If you'd like to post on the new blog, send me your e-mail so I can send the invitation,

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lynne - yea for starting early! thanks for the notice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun challenge. I hope you will like Broken For You!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)