Tuesday, April 1, 2008

UPDATE: March Books and Challenges

My top 5 books of the year, so far, would be:

The Eyre Affair
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz
Black Swan Green
The Book Thief
Persepolis I & II


Books Read in March
44. Beauty - Robin McKinley
43. Miss Julia Takes Over - Ann B Ross
42. Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli
41. Yellowknife - Steve Zipp
40. Zel - Donna Jo Napoli
39. The Bleeding Dusk - Colleen Gleason
38. Vegan Virgin Valentine - Carolyn Mackler
37. Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde
36. Princess Academy - Shannon Hale
35. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
34. Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella
33. The Terra-Cotta Dog - Andrea Camilleri
32. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn
31. Life and Times of Michael K - JM Coetzee
30. The End of East - Jen Sookfong Lee
29. Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons - Lorna Landvik


Books Bought/Received:
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Beach Music by Pat Conroy
Mama Makes Up Her Mind and Other Dangers of Southern Living by Bailey White
The Ravine by Paul Quarrington
Microserfs by Douglas Coupland
So Big by Edna Ferber
Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner
The Prince of The Pond by Donna Jo Napoli
The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin


Challenge updates:

Book Award Challenge July 1 2007 - June 30, 2008
read 17/12, but I have 2 more that I want to read before I consider this done
Canadian Book Challenge - Oct '07 - July 1 '08
read 10; still Nfld, Alta, Yukon to go.
Series Challenge Dec 1 - May 31, 2008
read 8 books; finished the Lily Bard mysteries and Shopaholic series and Gardella Vampire Chronicles.
A - Zed Author and Titles Challenge all year 2008
read 26/52

decades challenge - all year 2008
only 1, haven't begun thinking of this one yet
in their shoes - all year 2008
4/8
Cardathon Challenge - all year 2008
4/9
What's in a Name? all year 2008
4/6; first name, color, animal, place
YAC books all year 2008
11/12
Man Booker Challenge all year 2008
3/6 although I might make this all short listed books since I own six, which means 1/6
notable books 2007 - all year 2008
3/8
In the Pub - all year 2008
3/8
mini-challenges 2008
9/12
chunkster challenge 2
2/4
eponymous challenge up to May 31, completed!
4/4
once upon a time challenge II til June 21
2/5
888 challenge
2/8 categories completed

Themed Reading Challenge finished, read 8/8 First category in the 888 completed
Hometown Challenge read 2/1 completed

4 comments:

  1. I was going to ask about Alta, but decided I could check it on the internet. Learned something new Alta = Alberta.

    Your are doing wonderfully well on all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. booklogged - You cracked my secret Canadian code!
    I go in waves of panic with too many challenges, and then I get them under control, then I panic..
    Usually making a new list puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are doing so well in your challenges. I'm impressed. I'm dilly-dallying....having too much fun blogging to read! :-( Note to self: hurry up and finish Inkheart....this will knock a book off many of my lists!! feeling a wave of panic....you're so right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)