3M, over at 15Books15Decades , also known as the queen of challenges, has put together this one. Combining with the Banned Book Challenge, makes this look not too bad.
Here's my list, easily changed as options arise:
- 2000s American Gods, Neil Gaiman (chunkster challenge)
- 1990s The Gun Seller, Hugh Laurie
- 1980s The Indian in the Cupboard, Lynn Reid Banks (Banned Book Challenge)
- 1970s Bridge to Terabithia, Katherine Paterson
- 1960s A Wrinkle in Time, Madelaine L'Engle (classic challenge)
- 1950s Night, Elie Wiesel (Reading Across Borders Challenge)
- 1940s The Stranger, Albert Camus (Reading Across Borders Challenge)
- 1930s The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett
- 1920s Partners in Crime, Agatha Christie
- 1910s O Pioneers!, Willa Cather
- 1900s Hound of the Baskervilles, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- 1890s The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde (top 50_books list)
- 1880s The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Robert Louis Stevenson (classic challenge)
- 1870s TBA
- 1860s Silas Marner, George Eliot
- 1850s Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert (Reading Across Borders)
- 1840s Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte (top 50_books challenge)
That's what I have for now. As I find some books to fill in the decades, I'll add. Something from the 1940s can get me 9 books in 9 decades. That looks like my goal for now.
Other readers are posting their reviews of books here Check out some other great books.