Thursday, March 29, 2007

BOOK: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

How have I never read this book? It was very good, very funny, a little confusing, but I just held on for the ride and enjoyed Arthur Dent and his terrible, horrible, very strange day. I am very intrigued by the Restaurant at the end of the Universe that he appears headed toward, and I don't know if I'd let Zephron and Ford lead me around space, but I imagine their adventures will be interesting.
It is so weird how you notice things once you learn about them? Deja-new. The day after I started reading this book, I heard an interview on CBC with Peter Gzowski (and how lovely his voice sounded; he is missed from the radio) and Douglas Adams from around 1986, discussing his books. Weird.
This book is from my top books to read from the 50_book challenge list.

1 comment:

  1. My husband introduced me to this so-called trilogy (A trilogy in five parts, which still causes me to shake my head),one of my first forays into science fiction. I was really impressed! I am glad you enjoyed The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)