Thursday, May 24, 2007

CHALLENGE: Summer Reading Challenge 2

Like a hole in the head. It is getting to where I am only reading books I put on a challenge. I'm not going to get too ambitious here, I am learning. This Summer Reading Challenge 2 runs from June 1 to August 1, 2007. Not a long time, so I don't want to commit to very much. But there are a few other books calling to me, such as:

  1. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (which I WON from booklogged, and katrina just raved about, and I can't wait to read. It's a tearjerker. I love tearjerkers)
  2. Good Intentions by Joy Fielding This is a new-to-me author that I'd like to try
  3. The Translator by Leila Aboulela This is a NYT Notable book from 2006, and a Reading Across Borders pick of mine
  4. Arthur & George by Julian Barnes Another NYT Notable Book

Aaaand, I'd better stop. This is plenty for two months, but books I know I want to get to, and if I put it down like this, I know I'll get to them.

3 comments:

  1. Man, these challenges are KILLING me!! Way too many good ones out there. I could probably handle this one.

    Flowers for Algernon is a great book! I read it in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers for Algernon is more than a tearjerker. That one rips out your heart and stomps on it. I LOOOVED it. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy Flowers for Algernon, I also joined the challenge setting myself th goal of reading at least 4 of the books I have read this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)