Tuesday, May 1, 2007

UPDATE: April Books

April was a good month with ten books read. If I keep reading like this, I'll read over one hundred books this year. Crazy! I really liked most of them, and made some progress on some challenges, completing the Banned Book Challenge, and getting the 15books/15decades to the point where I have 9 books/9decades done. I started the Dystopian Challenge and am quite enjoying this genre. I got two books out of three done on His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman which just about completes the Spring Reading Thing. Since some books overlap, the numbers don't add up below.

Total Books Read: 10
Books Read for Banned Book Challenge: 3
Books Read for Spring Reading Thing: 4
Books Read for Reading Across Borders: 0
Books Read for the Dystopian Challenge: 2
Books Read for Chunkster Challenge: 1
Books Read for 15books/15decades: 2
Books Read for top 50_books challenge: 1.5

New Authors that I want to read again: Gregory, Pullman, Barnes
Best books: The Other Boleyn Girl, perks of being a wallflower, The Giver
Best Reread: The Indian in the Cupboard
Meh: The Virgin Suicides, Fahrenheit 451

The List:
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman
The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
the perks of being a wallflower - stephen chbosky
The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
The Giver - Lois Lowry
The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett
A History of the World in 10.5 Chapters - Julian Barnes
The Indian in the Cupboard - Lynne Reid Banks

3 comments:

  1. 10 books, wow! I'm impressed! I also enjoyed His Dark Materials when I read it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura- Some of the books were quite short, but they were still excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you laid this out. Books by Challenges, Which one your liked best.....new authors! All that jazz. I need to start doing this myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)