Thursday, May 17, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

Bookless

Booking Through Thursday
It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?

Since I've started participating in reading challenges, I haven't had a problem with finding something to read at all. I remember that this used to happen though; all of a sudden I'd finish a book and have nothing on my bedside table. The panic! A trip to the library, or a call out to some reading friends would usually quickly fill the gap. Or I might go through a spell of magazines or maybe an old standby like Anne of Green Gables or Bridget Jones or Maeve Binchy.
But I don't see this being an issue for the next little while, 2 or 3 years :)

3 comments:

  1. I've found it happens a lot less for me too since I've got so many challenges going, but sometimes I still need a little break in between books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the two or three years, I'd say never ever again will you have a problem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)