Thursday, May 3, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

No, not THAT kind of R.I.P.
Reading. In. Public.
Do you do it? Why or why not?


Why not? I don't usually have a book with me, but I am getting better at being prepared for waiting situations. I always read a magazine in the doctor's office, so why not a book? Swimming lessons are a great spot as well.
I use my time the best I can when waiting for my kids to finish whatever they are doing: whether that means correcting tests, or going for a run ,or reading a book. With the reading challenges I've been signing up for, lately the book has been the option chosen most.

4 comments:

  1. Me, too - doctors offices, swimming pool, waiting in line for the kiddo. Those are my reading times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book with me every where I go! I don't mind reading in public. It's actually easier than sitting at home with the kids bothering me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was working in a shop and at university I always had a book with me for quick breaks, lunchtimes and time spent on buses. Now I drive to work as a teacher and my lunchtimes are filled with detentions and catching up with work I'm not so good at being prepared.
    However I always take a book with me to the doctors, hairdresssers and staying over at my boyfriends - he lays in forever so I read to pass the time. You have to get in as much reading as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrina - I have the same problem at school of not being so good at being prepared:) Sometimes I wish I had a job where I could read at lunch, well, just eating lunch at lunch or getting to the bathroom would be nice some days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)