Thursday, March 26, 2009

CHALLENGE: Non-Fiction Five Challenge


Trish has taken over the challenge hosting from Joy, of the perfect summer challenge for me. Since I am home in the summer, I leave a non-fiction book in the living room and try to read a chapter or section every day. This goes really well with the Dewey Decimal Challenge.

The Rules (unchanged from previous years)

1. Read 5 non-fiction books during the months of May - September, 2009 (please link your reviews on Mister Linky each month; Mister Linky can be found each month on this blog)

2. Read at least one non-fiction book that is different from your other choices (i.e.: 4 memoirs and 1 self-help)

3. If interested, please sign up below with the link to your NFF Challenge post (all choices do not need to be posted and may change at any time)


The list of possibilities:
  • The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene
  • The Seven Daughters of Eve - Bryan Sykes
  • How the Scots Invented the Modern World
  • I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This - Bob Newhart

I really like how this challenge has such a variety of books picked by the different participants.

Books Read:
1. Survivor - Mark Burnett 05/27
2. The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell 05/28
3. Searching for Bobby Orr - Steven Brunt 07/06
4. Miss Leavitt's Stars - George Johnson 07/20
5. E = mc^2 - David Bodanis 07/28

6 comments:

  1. Glad you couldn't wait to sign up! :) I haven't read any of the books on your list, but part of the reason why I love this challenge so much is because of the variety and because there are so many great non-fiction books out there. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this challenge too. Mostly because it takes me WAY out of my comfort zone. I have read some amazing non-fiction books, but I don't think I would have ever picked them if it wasn't for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trish - it seems like there are so many more nonfiction books and the variety is endless. thanks for hosting

    stephanie - I'm the same. My default is always to read fiction, but I usually really enjoy the NF I read, and then I wonder why I don't read more NF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all sound really interesting! I'm actually trying to get away from nonfiction, this year. I normally read quite a bit, so I'm on a fiction kick. Best of luck and have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am going to do this series this year... I haven't gave it a lot of thought, but it is on my list of things to do for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't decided about this. I didn't finish it last year. You did, I remember! And I have enough non-fiction books that I want to read....hmmmm...... :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)