Sunday, May 13, 2007

CHALLENGE: Southern Reading Challenge

I said I wasn't going to do this challenge, but I've been going over to Maggie Reads and checking out all her great suggestions and she is full of ideas. I was resisting until she started posting about mysteries. Fun, humorous little mystery series. So I'm in now. I plan to read, during the sweltering southern days of June, July and August, although we never quite get to sweltering here in the Maritimes:

1. Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind: Ann B. Ross
2. Murder on a Girl's Night Out: Anne George
3.A Confederacy of Dunces: John Kennedy Toule

and for extra credit, because it got really hot here:
4. Quite a Year for Plums: Bailey White
5. Shakespeare's Landlord: Charlaine Harris

This looks like fun and quite managable.Thanks for all the suggestions Maggie.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I tagged you for a meme on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read all three of those - not sure of the Miss Julia title I read (it was the first in the series). A Confederacy of Dunces got a little tiresome, after a while, but I still thought it was rather brilliant and worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you will be doing a lot of laughing this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're both doing Miss Julia, yay! :) I had just read something about the series about a week before I joined the challenge and thought "Those sound good." Very timely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)