Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010.
Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
You may already have read some eligible books
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• "Put The Kettle On" – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• "Gordon Bennett" – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• "Bob's Your Uncle" – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• "Cream Crackered" – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction not non-fiction.
4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
May have already read some? A quick perusal of my books read shows I have read
1. Poppy Shakespeare by Clare Allen
2. The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald
3. La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith
4. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
5. Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
6. Two Farthings for a Kid by Wolf Mankowitz
7. Out Backward by Ross Raisin
8. The Brontes Went to Woolworths by Rachel Ferguson
2. Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer
3. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
4. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
5. Bethlehem Road by Anne Perry
7. Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
This obviously isn't much of a challenge for me to read typically British books. But since I love them, I am still going to try to complete the challenge. How many can I read starting now, as of July 24th?
1. The News Where You Are - Catherine O'Flynn
2. What Was Lost - Catherine O'Flynn
3. One Day - David Nicholls
4. Mini Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella
5. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - Winifred Watson
6. Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell
7. Minding Frankie - Maeve Binchy