Thursday, May 31, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

Do you read e-Books?
If so, how? On your computer, or a PDA?
Or are you a paper purist? Why?

I don't' read e-Books, but I see our library has recently obtained thousands of e-books, available for loan. That is very enticing. But I'm not sure how to read them. I don't think I would read on the computer - I hog the computer the most as it is and my kids are getting bigger, so it'll be less computer time for me soon enough. Maybe if I had a PDA? Actually I doubt I'll read much on a computer at all, I still like to read lying down the most.
Having said that, I have enjoyed www.dailylit.com as a way to read some classics that would be, well, boring, and are better in small doses. I don't get caught up in them so it's hard to read a lot at one time. dailylit is neat because you are checking your email anyway, and each section only takes a few minutes to read. I read a few books last year that way. And it's free, since the books available are public domain.

1 comment:

  1. dailylit? That's cool! I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the tip ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)