Friday, June 1, 2007

UPDATE: May Books

I just get finished a few challenges and then I sign up for a whole bunch more. As long as this is fun, I'll keep playing. A good month of reading; it seems that the books I pick for challenges, because they are ones I've heard about from other readers, have been excellent quality. My standards of a good book are going up.

Total Books Read: 9
Books Read for Once Upon a Time Challenge: 4, and completed!
Books Read for Banned Book Challenge: 1
Books Read for Spring Reading Thing: 1, and completed!
Books Read for Reading Across Borders: 2
Books Read for the Dystopian Challenge: 0
Books Read for Chunkster Challenge: 2, and completed!
Books Read for top 50_books challenge: 2.5
Books Read for Something About Me Challenge that hasn't really started yet: 1
Books Read for NonFiction Five: 1

New Authors that I want to read again: Capote, Adichie, Picoult
Best books: Half a Yellow Sun, Good Omens, My Sister's Keeper
Best Scary Book: Coraline
Funniest Book: Good Omens

The List:
My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman
The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Swallows of Kabul - Yasmina Khadra
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
A Man Without a Country - Kurt Vonnegut
Half of a Yellow Sun - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Coraline - Neil Gaiman

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a terrific month! Congrats on finishing the Chunkster Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have this incredible way of organizing your reading!! I love it! Sounds like you had some good reads this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good list too. I've read a lot of those books and hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lokks like you are doing better at your challenges than I am! I'm going to read Half of the Yellow Sun when my mum has finished she brought it for 20p (about 50 cents I think!) at a book stall the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found you via the summer reading challenge. I am a great fan of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie too. Can I recommend that if you haven't read her first book PURPLE HIBISCUS, you might try that too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)