Thursday, June 21, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday
Since school is out for the summer (in most places, at least), here’s a school-themed question for the week:
Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by?
How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?


I sure do have some old textbooks, down in the basement, in a box, that hasn't been opened in years, but has been dutifully moved several times. I even have a box of my brother-in-law's old accounting textbooks. He's supposed to come get them. huh?
The best part of the box of textbooks, is that my husband and I were both chemistry majors, so we have TWO of every book. Organic, inorganic, phys chem, biochem, everything. We keep meaning to get rid of all these books.
I do, however, use my old calculus book, as I now teach it in high school and it was an excellent reference. I keep mine at home and took my husband's to school. We also still have our Norton Anthologies, and we took different courses, so we have two different anthologies, which is actually excellent.

I believe I kept a few exemplar examples of old assignments, and on the occasions I clean, I find them, remember them longingly, and repack them for the next trip down memory lane. Of course I've started saving some of my kids stuff. But there are three of them, and the junk work they generate is mountainous.
[I am actually, at this minute, cleaning out my classroom, and hopefully, throwing out mountains of paper, when I am not distracted by this shiny computer and plans for lunch]

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how many papers kids go through for school work! Part of me wants to keep everything, but there's just no room to store it all -- and the more I keep, the less likely I am to go through it.

    I do like those strolls down memory lane, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)