Monday, April 28, 2008

WEEKLY GEEKS: Discover New Blogs (Week #1)

The goal of Weekly Geeks this week is to visit 5 new blogs. I decided to do a blog here, a blog there. Here's where I visited:

tanabata: Not completely new, as I've seen her here and there, but I haven't read her blog reliably. She recently did a post about funny signs, mostly funny because of some wonky English/Japanese translations.

mariel : She's slogging through The Clan of the Cave Bear, and facing that dilemma of how long to read a book that you aren't loving. She works at sea which is very interesting.

book chronicle or adventures in reading: I looked at this blog since we practically have the same name for our blogs, and found the cutest little bookworm on her page. Looks like a great site for information and articles on short stories, and I'll watch for book chronicle at the short story challenge. Nice art pictures of women reading.

florinda at 3R's: fun place! lots of quizzes, and memes, and she seems quite computer literate, I might learn a few things if I hang out over there. I really like her about me statement: I'm probably too old for this blogging thing but here I am anyway! I work with numbers but I love words. That could describe me as well.

janicu: a book blogger at lj. There were so many book reviews there, and I none were familiar to me at all! There are so many books, and genres in the world, I am continually surprised.


That is just the tip of the iceberg. This weekly geeks thing is off to a flying start with so many people getting excited. Isn't Dewey great to organize us?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I didn't realize you linked me when you commented (Duh, I'm so slow in the morning). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)