Thursday, January 28, 2010

GAME: The Bookword Game




I'd like to read Revolutionary Road, but it's been screen-plagued by Leo diCaprio and Kate Winslett, (although Leo can screen plague my books any time, ba dum dum.) Thanks to Julie, I can say now this. Her word was the winning entry in this week's edition of The Bookword Game.

Screen-plagued is the word to describe the situation where you are reading a book, and you end up being able to only picture the character as the actor that portrays that character.

Next up: suggestions for a book that makes you want to travel to the location of the setting.

Leave suggestions in the comments for the next week. Think on it, mull it over, and see what we can come up with. Suey will have a vote next week. Deadline for nominations is next Wednesday, so don't leave it too late!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite kind of book and definitely needs a word. Tony Hillerman sent me to The Four Corners of the US, James Lee Burke called me to New Iberia outside New Orleans, Anne Perry's Thomas and Charlotte Pitt begged me to see London, and Ian Rankin called me to Edinburg. Right now, Arnoldur Indricson (sp?) wants me to see Iceland.

    I have several suggestions:
    1. A Passport Reader
    2. A Destination Book
    3. A Geographical Magnet
    4. An Excursionary Tale
    5. A Wanderlust Novel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)