Hosted at Darlene's Book Nook, the 2013 2nds Challenge, which goes so well with all the new authors I read last year.
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
6. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Just A Spoonful: Read 5 books that are second in a series or the second time that you've read the author.
b. A Few More Bites: Read 10 books that are second in a series or the second time that you've read the author.
c. A Full Plate: Read 20 books that are second in a series or the second time that you've read the author.<--- 17="17" 2nds="2nds" i="i" last="last" level="level" probably="probably" read="read" this="this" year="year">
d. All You Can Eat: Read 30 books that are second in a series or the second time that you've read the author.8. There will be a link-up for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS page.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
leftovers from last year:
Qiu Xioalong - A Case of Two Cities
Georgette Heyer - Cousin Kate
Jasper Fforde's second book in the Chromatica series
Tom Perrotta - The Abstinence Teacher
Ruth Rendell - The Water's Lovely
Marsha Mehran - Rosewater and Sodabread
Julie Otsuka (The Buddha in the Attic) -
Jane Harris (Gillespie and I) - The Observations
CJ Sansom (Dissolution) - next in series
Michael Ondaatje (The English Patient) - The Cat's Table, In the Skin of the Lion)
Marian Keyes (Watermelon)
Inger Ash Wolfe (The Calling)
Mary Roach (Stiff)
Connie Willis (Miracle and Other Stories)
what I read in 2013
1. The Black Ice - Michael Connelly (2nd in Harry Bosch series)
2. The Serpent's Tale - Ariana Franklin (2nd in Mistress of the Art of Death series)
3. The Treatment - Mo Hayder (2nd in Jack Caffrey series)
4. Nemesis - Jo Nesbo (2nd in Harry Hole series)