Wednesday, December 5, 2018

#AMonthofFaves: Books worth the Hype







WED. | Dec. 5 – #AMonthofFaves Popular Books Worth the Hype (and/or Not Worth the Hype)

How do you know if a book is hyped? My standard is that I've heard of it more than once, I've read a lot of people talking about it, or I've  seen it on lists. These are books where I picked them because I've heard of them, and then I loved them.




Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman (audiobook)

Definitely worth the hype - I loved Eleanor Oliphant! It was delightful and heart-breaking. 




I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer - Michelle McNamara (audiobook)

I got caught up in this one and freaked myself out one night. And then the Golden State Killer was caught in the month or so after I read it. That made it super cool, but the writing and story and diligence of McNamara make this nonfiction book worth the hype.


The Golden Boy: A Doctor's Journey with Addiction by Grant Matheson
This is a local book and I've heard other Islanders rave about it and when I finally read it, I couldn't put it down. How quickly a person can fall into addiction, even one who seems to have it all. 



Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
The audiobook of Big Little Lies was over 15 hours long and I couldn't stop listening. I think I burned through this book in a couple of days because I was obsessed. I know it is a show on HBO but I haven't seen it at all. Big Little Lies was definitely worth the hype! Great friendships and a mystery.