Wednesday, October 2, 2019

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book Titles with Numbers In Them

I can't believe I missed this Top Ten Tuesday topic yesterday! I've been missing my blog, as back to school September whacks me in the head again. I had a great summer. I got a Fitbit, and started getting a big walk in everyday. Now that I am back to school, it is still important for me to try and get that walk in. Walking and audiobooks have been a perfect combination for me. So, between trying to exercise, and back to work full-time something has to give. It's been correcting, and my blog! 

I saw some blogs yesterday, with this fun list and I was annoyed I had missed it. But hey, I can still participate and I am going to. Here's my list of  great books I've read with numbers in the title.




Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Such a great fun story! I listened to the audiobook narrated by Wil Wheaton, and it was one of the first that made me realize that when the book is good, even 14 hours is not a long time.


One Good Turn Kate Atkinson
A Jackson Brodie mystery, which is timely as there is a new book, Big Sky, that I am waiting to get from the library. Excellent series, and if you get a chance to find the BBC mini series, I highly recommend.


The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
This was a delightful children's book about a gorilla living in a 'zoo' in a mall. Touching and easy to read, there may have been tears at the end.


Sisters in Two Worlds by Michael Peterman
I loved this nonfiction scrapbook about those famous Canadian settler sisters, Susanna Moodie and Catharine Parr Traill. Lots of background, and primary sources, fans of history should definitely check this out.




Seven Days by Deon Meyer


Thirteen Hours by Deon Meyer
Two fast action mysteries from South Africa make my list because I love Deon Meyer's Bennie Griesel police mysteries and he has two with numbers in the title. Read them in order if you can, but read them.


The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor by Sally Armstrong
Hmm, a second Canadian settler book? That seems odd. This one is a fictionalized account (based on true legends) of the author's great grandmother, and how she survived in rural New Brunswick, having tons of kids and several husbands. 



Housekeeping vs the Dirt: Fourteen Months of Massively Witty Adventures in Reading Chronicled by the National Book Critic by Nick Hornby
I was going to avoid books with the number in the subtitle, but when I saw the Nick Hornby book, I remembered how much I enjoyed reading his books of essays about reading, and life. 




Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
In the early 2000s, I devoured all books Kinsella, both her Shopaholic books and her stand alones, like Twenties Girl. Kinsella does a great job of the chick lit book, but there is always a little more, the writing is a little better. This was a great book about a girl whose dead grandmother comes back to somewhat haunt her. But in a nice way.


4:50 to Paddington by Agatha Christie, a Miss Marple Mystery
How many books did Agatha Christie write? 66 novels? So amazing. I love Poirot when I was younger, loved her short stories, but when I found Miss Marple a few years ago, I was so glad I hadn't read any of her stories before, because I got to enjoy a whole set of mysteries, like 4:50 to Paddington.