Tuesday, May 24, 2022

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Bookish Quotes Freebie

 


This week is Bookish Quotes. I'm not a reader who underlines, or takes note of interesting quotes. There is one character, however, whose quotes have stayed quite familiar to me. Partially because they are really good, and partially because I see them all the time on touristy things. But really, these are wonderfully postive quotes and could easily be a set of life mottos. Yes, our favourite red head, Anne of Green Gables has enough quotes for a complete Top Ten Tuesday. For more varied quotes, check out That Artsy Reader Girl.



“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.”


“It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable.”


“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”


“Do you think amethysts can be the souls of good violets?”


“But
really, Marilla, one can’t stay sad very long in such an interesting world, can one?”


“I know it is just plain red, and it breaks my heart. It will be my life long sorrow.”


“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?”


“Which would you rather be if you had the choice--divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?”


“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”


and my all time favourite quote:

“It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”