from the book memes community at LiveJournal
1. Pick 10 of your favorite books. (not necessarily my favorite, as I don't keep a lot of books around and I read a lot from the library but these I books I would easily recommend)
2. Post the first sentence of each book. (If one sentence seems too short, post two or three!)
3. Let everyone try to guess the titles and authors of your books! (I'll take guesses in the comments)
eta: I bolded the ones that have been identified, and the answers are hidden after the quote, so just highlight the area to see the book. A few are still now determined yet, keep trying!
1. If it had not rained on a certain May morning Valency Stirling's whole life would have been entirely different. Blue Castle
2. Dear friend, I am writing to you because she said you listen and understand and didn't try to sleep with that person at that party even though you could have.
the perks of being a wallflower
3. My great-grandmother Morrison fixed a book rest to her spinning wheel so that she could read while she was spinning, or so the story goes.
4. No one who had ever seen Catherine Morland in her infancy would have supposed her born to be a heroine. Northanger Abby
5. OK. Don't panic. Don't panic. It's only a VISA bill. Confessions of a Shop-a-Holic
6. This happened in 1932, when the state penitentiary was still at Cold Mountain.
The Green Mile
7. The naked child ran out of the hide-covered lean-to toward the rocky beach at the bend in the small river.
8. The gunman is useless. I Am the Messenger
9. Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
10. It was 7 minutes after midnight. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time