Thursday, August 4, 2011

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

What’s the last book you were really EXCITED to read?
And, were you excited about it in advance? Or did the excitement bloom while you were reading it?
Are there any books you’re excited about right NOW?

I was really excited to read Annabel by Kathleen Winter. There was great buzz about it and my sister gave it to me for Christmas. I waited and anticipated and it turned out as great as I had hoped when I read it for Orange July.

The latest Indridason mystery, Outrage, was just released in July and it was as excellent as I had hoped. The Icelandic mystery series is one of the best out there and I was excited as I read it to see it focused on one of the secondary characters, Elinborg, from previous books.

There are  two books I have recently bought that I am most looking forward to. Children of the Street by Kwei Quartey, the second Darko Dawson mystery, set in Ghana. The first book was such a pleasant surprise that I've been waiting and waiting for the second in the series. The second book is Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Haywood which promises to be a hilarious mystery. Lutz writes the irreverent Spellman series.