Tuesday, July 11, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Series I Want to Continue Reading


Top Ten Tuesday is taking a summer break, but I am not. I'm looking up old topics, and totally snagged this one from Katherine @ IWishILivedinaLibrary who did this topic last week. (Like me, she is also making her own lists; rebels we are, lol)


Dr Siri Paiboun by Colin Cotterill
I just read the first book, The Coroner's Lunch and really enjoyed it. My library has nearly all the books about the reluctant coroner in 1970s communist Laos.

Shardlake series by CJ Sansom
Set in Tudor England, this series combines history with murder. I have the next few books that I picked up at yard sales, and I really liked the first book. They are long books which may be why I haven't picked up the next one yet.


The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isobel Dalhousie) by Alexander McCall Smith
Since I am up to date with the Number One Ladies Detective Agency,  this other McCall Smith series set in Scotland could keep me occupied. I read the first one years ago and found it only okay. For some reason, last year I read the second one and caught the appeal a little more. Easy, quick reads.

Harry Hole by Jo Nesbo
I read a couple of these popular Swedish police mysteries but then didn't get back to them.  They were good when I read them.

Miss Julia by Ann B Ross
A rare non-mystery series, Miss Julia is a southern lady who gets into scrapes, and is always trying to control the people around her. Light and fun, this series is now up to 19 books; I've read four.


Mrs Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
Another series where I've read the first one, really enjoyed it, and then never got back to it.

Earth's Children by Jean M Auel
I only have the last book, The Land of the Painted Caves, to read, but it's been a long time since I read the last book, over ten years ago. The completist in me wants to finish Ayla's adventures.


Martin Beck by Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall
I am up to book number 7 of 10 of this Swedish police series. This series is considered a classic in terms of police mysteries. The Ed McBain 87th precinct books I read in the 80s could be considered the children of this series, and I get the same feeling from both series.