Tuesday, January 10, 2023

TOP TEN TUESDAY: New Releases to Look Forward to in 2023

 



What's the topic for my first Top Ten Tuesday? New releases in 2023 to look forward to.  I'm not sure how other people discover books that are going to be published/to look forward to, but I go to Amazon or Indigo and type in authors I love to read and see if any of them have upcoming books. Not very efficient and I'm sure I miss a bunch of upcoming books. I'm not a pre-order book person anyway.

First of all, thank you to a few of my favourite authors: Emma Donoghue, Maggie O'Farrell, Kate Atkinson who all released books in the end of 2022. I couldn't wait to get to Haven by Donoghue and Shrines of Gaiety by Atkinson. The Marriage Portrait by O'Farrell I won't get to until later this month, but Haven and Shrines of Gaiety, both historical British fiction did not disappoint. 

Here's some books I'm looking forward to:


Kate Morton - Homecoming (Apr 4)




Catherine Hernandez - The Story of Us (Feb 28)

Elly Griffiths - The Last Remains (Apr 28) Ruth Galloway

Jane Harper - Exiles (Feb 3) Aaron Falk

Sherry Thomas - A Tempest at Sea (Mar 14)

The Lives of Puppets - TJ Klune (Apr 25)








And then to the authors who I discovered had released books in 2022, but only realized as I was looking for upcoming releases: (so they feel like books to look forward to, lol)

Fiona Barton - Local Gone Missing (Jul 2022)

Alexander McCall Smith - The Song of Comfortable Chairs (Sep 2022)

Cynthia Hand - My Imaginary Mary, My Contrary Mary (Jun, Aug 2022)