Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LIST: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List


I've got a mixture of new releases, older books, and mysteries that I'm hoping to read this spring. (It's the first day of spring, temperature is going to be above 10 C, and it is the March Break - what a great day!)

What books are you looking forward to reading this spring? Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to link up and to see what everyone else is saying!


1. Age of Doubt by Andrea Camilleri (released May 1, 2012)
The newest book (#14) in the Inspector Montalbano series, I am looking forward to my annual 'visit' to Sicily.

2. The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones
New book by the author of Small Wars and The Outcast.


3. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
As much as I love the Shopaholic Books, I've enjoyed her standalone books even more


4. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larson
The first two were fabulous; I need to see how it all ends up


5. 1222 by Anne Holt
Heard about it as a nominee for an Edgar Award; when I checked the library, I was 11th in line! So, I'm not the only one who thinks this looks good, and hopefully I'll get this before the spring ends.


6. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
I've been saving this book to read during the Once Upon a Time Challenge, which usually starts about now.


7. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Sparks
Simon and Harriet are hosting a Muriel Spark Reading Week during April 23 - 29, 2012.


8.  Swann by Carol Shields
A literary mystery by Carol Shields, third last of her novels for me to read.


9. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Loved the movie, want to read the book.

10. Something from the Orange Prize Longlist for 2012 - could be Gillespie and I, The Sealed Letter, The Forgotten Waltz, or There But for the..