Monday, June 4, 2012

ARMCHAIR BEA: Introductions



Sometimes, there are events that happen in the blogosphere that many of my google reader participate in, but I might watch from afar. Today, all my favorite people seem to be Armchair BEAing, and I want to be part of the fun! I'm a little late, but here I am:

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

I'm a forty-something female; married, with 3 kids; high school teacher; living on beautiful PEI.
I've been blogging a little over 5 years, but I seldom remember to note the anniversary. I came for the place to talk about books, stayed for the people that I've met.

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I'm reading The Known World by Edward P Jones (for the first meeting of the first real book club I've ever joined) and The Age of Doubt by Andrea Camilleri, one of my favorite mystery series.
Favorite reads so far in 2012: Half-Blood Blues, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Fault in Our Stars, plus a few more. I've had a good year reading so far.

3. What is was your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I haven't been as creative as I once was on my blog. I really enjoyed doing It's Tuesday, Where Are You?, giving people a chance to tell what book they were reading by the settings. Like a lot of blogging, it took time and planning, and it seemed to be dropping off in participation.

4. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? And What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

Watch me find a way to combine two questions in one: I would like to travel with Bridget Jones to Sicily, home of Inspector Montalbano (of The Age of Doubt), to sit on the beach and have a few drinks.Yes, drinks with Bridget on the beach of Sicily sounds very nice.

5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

Just all the wonderful people I've met from around the world who share a love of reading, and of keeping lists of their reading. Now when I think of planning trips, I think about who I might meet if I travelled there.

Now I'm off to check out the Armchair BEA host site and see what else is happening this week. People shouldn't be having fun without me!