Thursday, January 12, 2012

BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY: Interview, Part 2

But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.

1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
In bed at night, or on a summer afternoon on the deck swing

2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
I have been known to read the paper or the cereal box during breakfast.

3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Eggs Benedict if I'm at a restaurant; Captain Crunch for cereal, but I love breakfast food all around. (eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, toast, bagels, french toast, etc)

4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Depends what day it is, but half hour to one hour sounds about right.

5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I have read more since I started blogging.

6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I read pretty fast.


7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I tell my physics classes I would like "diffraction eyes", (the ability to see around corners, like sound diffracts around objects) but that is more about making the point about how and which waves diffract.

8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
I do indeed.

9. What KIND of book?
Whatever book I'm reading right now. Unless it's a super large book, in which case I'll look for an easy to carry paperback.

10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I can't remember

11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I've got a box of books from elementary school, plus a really old Rainbow Valley by LM Montgomery.

12. Do you read in bed?
 I do!

13. Do you write in your books?
I don't!

14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
 Well, since a new reader should be about six years old, I'd suggest trying a Junie B Jones book.

15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)