Tuesday, January 10, 2012

LIST: Top Ten Tuesday: Write Another One Already!

It's my first time participating in Top Ten Tuesday. I quite enjoy reading the lists that people put together. Lists are the best. The topic this week:  Write Another One Already!

1. Maeve Binchy - I remember reading that she was retiring, but then Minding Frankie came out. So, she has hinted at retirement, but hopefully she has a few more books in her. I've read everything already, and her books and characters are like comfort food.

2. Brian Selznick - I loved The Invention of Hugo Cabret, scooped up Wonderstruck as soon as it was released. We're waiting for another blend of prose and illustrations.

3. Bernice Morgan - One of my favorite authors, she wrote the iconic series Random Passage and Waiting for Time, and then another historical Newfoundland book, Cloud of Bone. Marvelous reads!

4. Hugh Laurie - Has anyone else read The Gun Seller? It's very funny, and involved, an espionage thriller with a dash of humor. Classic Laurie. But I think it's the only novel he's written, which is too bad.

5. Tracey Chevalier - I've really liked all her historical novels, and with only two left (Remarkable Creatures and Burning Bright), I'd like there to be a few more waiting for me.

6. Josh Brazzell (Beat the Reaper) There must be more adventures of this doctor in the witness protection program, the potential is too great to stop at one. Brazell is a doctor with a wicked sense of humor

7. Joshua Ferris (Then We Came to the End, The Unnamed) - I've really enjoyed his first two books; they were very different in style and characters, so I'd love to see his next effort.

8. Andrew Davidson (The Gargoyle) I was leery of picking this one up, but I fell on the love-it side of the argument. The ambition of this book, and the love stories. I'd love to read what else Davidson could write.

9. Arnaldur Indridason (the Reyjevik mysteries) - It might not be Indridason I'm impatient about. I'm pretty sure there are a few more already written in Icelandic - it's the translator that needs to hurry up. The last we heard of Erlunder, he was off in the country, as he wasn't even in the last book, so hurry up!

10. Helen Simonson (Major Pettigrew's Last Stand) How have we only enjoyed one of her books? Major Pettigrew was such a wonderful character, and the book was so charming, I'd love to read another one.

Bonus:  Carol Shields Obviously, it would be great to have another book written by Carol. Her death in 2003 left a huge hole in literature. I wish I had read her books before this past year.

What authors would you put on your list? Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to link up and to see what everyone else is saying!