Wednesday, July 2, 2008

CHALLENGE: July Book Blowout Kickoff Meme




Mrs S says: Hey everyone - July 1 has arrived and we have 58 participants for the July Book Blowout!
I thought it would be nice to kick off with a mini-challenge - to introduce ourselves to each other. If you want to take part just answer these questions:

1. Describe yourself in one sentence
I'm a mom to the three kids, high school physics teacher, wife, and lazy book reader from Prince Edward Island.

2. What book will you start the challenge with?
Miss Julia Throws a Wedding, and Planets by Dava Sobel.

3. Where is your favourite place to read?
anywhere is fine: living room couch, in bed at night, on the swing on the deck, at the beach
4. What is your favourite book of all time?
I can't pick one! Bridget Jones' Diary, Anne of Green Gables, The Stand, A Fine Balance, Einstein's Dreams.

5. Remind us all of your challenge target
I think I said 15.

Either post your answers in the comments - or post them on your blog and link us up in the comments - whichever works best for you.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you lived on PE Island - how apt to have Anne as one of your favourite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you taught physics. I barely passed physics, in fact, I think I only passed out of pity. I sometimes wish I could take it again now, when I actually am interested in stuff like that. I think my adult brain would be much better at it. I had a very weak trig background though and I blame that.

    Hi, this comment is all about me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrs s - Of course. I am so lucky to live here.

    lisa - Adult brains would do very well in physics. So much of the problems in school, in my opinion, is that we are trying to teach material before their poor little brains have developed completely. Another year or two makes such a difference.
    Physics brings out all those stories from high school. Most people let out a shudder when I say what I teach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)