Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WEEKLY GEEKS: the magazines I read (week #10)



Our weekly geeks assignment this week is to talk about the magazines we read. I used to read a lot more magazines, but with three kids and the paperwork (homework, art projects, etc.) they bring into the house, and the complete lack of time to read them, the number of subscriptions is way down as is the time to read them. Plus, I have a hard time throwing them out, and then I have a stack of magazines to walk around, and dust around and ...

1. Name of magazine. Canadian Living
2. Do you subscribe or just buy it now and then? subscribe, I need to order something when the kids come to the door fund raising for their school
3. What’s your favorite regular feature in the magazine? the recipes, for sure. there used to be more articles, but they are just snippets now.
4. What do you think your interest in this magazine says about you? I live in Canada? smirk
5. How long have you been reading this magazine? I've been reading on and off for years, but just recently started the subscription. My mom had this magazine years ago.
6. Is there any unique or quirky aspect to the magazine that keeps you reading?Just great recipes and it's fairly cheap.


1. Name of magazine. Reader's Digest
2. Do you subscribe or just buy it now and then? My in laws buy us a subscription each year
3. What’s your favorite regular feature in the magazine? the jokes, like Campus Comedy
4. What do you think your interest in this magazine says about you? nothing in particular. It says I used to read the magazine when we would visit my in laws house, and they noticed and bought us one for our house so I wouldn't read when we visited.
5. How long have you been reading this magazine? Hasn't everyone read this all their life?



I haven't even been buying magazines off the rack much anymore. I used to read People religiously, but they changed quite a bit and now are too tabloid-like, except for special editions like the one over there.






If I were exercising more and trying to be fit, I like Self magazine a lot. It has great articles, good recipes, a little beauty but mostly articles for regular people.





For a number of years my husband subscribed to Sports Illustrated, and I would read it as well. It had really well written articles, profiles and commentaries. Neither of us was very interested in that bathing suit issue that would arrive once a year. We really liked the magazine for the articles.

1 comment:

  1. My parents bought me a subscription to Readers Digest for a number of years and I picked it up after they stopped, but I eventually let it go. I loved the real life jokes and the snippets of articles. Some of the stories featured in the magazine were very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)