Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BLOGGING: It's Tuesday, Where Are You?


So busy this week. Once I get through today, hopefully things will slow down, but I just can't seem to get ahead. I know that most of the things I have to do are because I put things off and procrastinate. So I had to stay up late the last two nights correcting and getting midterm exams ready because I went shopping on a family women' s weekend. I have to say it was worth it, no matter how tired I am today and have been since I got back. My sister, cousin and two aunts all met in a town that is near to us all, and we shopped all day Saturday - clothes, Christmas presents, just stuff you can't get in your own smaller town. We ate out Saturday night at The Keg, which was fabulous, and then stayed over at a hotel. We must plan another one in the spring, and try to get some more cousins and aunts to come. Drinks and laughs and lots of gabbing and shopping - what more could you want?

Don't forget to stop by Suey's and add a suggestion to the latest Bookword Game. I'm still thinking because I have a book like that right now! It is distracting! I'll have a poll up sometime late Wednesday.

In reading, I am oh so slowly reading these days. I am in the country side of England, where a new widow has moved into a house nearby, and everyone is wondering about her and her son. The narrator is quite smitten with her, which should not please the young lady who thought they were spoken for. (The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Emily Anne Bronte, my apologies to the Bronte-ites)

Where is reading taking you today? Leave a comment, write a post, spread the word.

14 comments:

  1. I am in a very scary Dublin right now. It has been taken over by the Shades and the Unseelie. Lets just say I wouldn't be wanting to go on holidays there just now!

    (Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I haven't even thought of the holidays.

    I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination and I are old friends.

    In reading I am in Japan. Find me HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, y'all's family time sounds like so much fun. I wish I could go shopping with some of the women in my family, but I know it would just be a catastrophe and I'd wind up unable to pay my rent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tsk, tsk...the Bronte-ites will soon be vexed...for it is Anne, not Emily, who wrote Tenant. :-)

    Not that I'm a vexed Bronte-ite or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I'm in two places this week, very far apart in time and space. here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful book. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Mine is posted at my place, Just Books. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm playing today! Here's a link to my post: http://www.somereads.com/?p=337

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually am not reading a book right at this moment. I am participating in NaNoWriMo for my first time and am writing my novel. So if you can stretch the imagination to a book in progress, then I am in my home town of Conestogo, Ontario and my main character is researching a mystery that she has found encoded within three quilts hanging in a museum in Baden Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just moved from South Korea with my mother and father to the United States. Now that I've learned some English and made friends, I'm feeling the pull of being between two cultures.

    A Step From Heaven - An Na

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm getting read to start Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri. I can't wait because I loved The Interpreter of Maladies. I'm not normally a huge fan of short stories, but she's such a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)