Tuesday, November 17, 2009

BLOGGING: It's Tuesday, Where Are You?


Last night was the final of Battle of the Blades, possibly the most Canadian show ever produced. It was awesome. They matched up female skaters like Jamie Sale, Shae-Lynn Bourne, and Barbara Underhill, with former hockey players like Ti Domi, Ron Dugay, Craig Simpson, and Claude Lemieux and had them learn figure skating routines. They were judged each week, and then voted on by Canadians. It was much like Dancing With the Stars, but on skates. The guys had to learn moves - one even managed to land a jump. The lifts and throws were spectacular, because these hockey guys were strong and huge. Stephan Richer actually bench-pressed Marie-France over and behind his head. The hosts were Ron MacLean and Kurt Browning, and they both skated all the time. I imagine they'll run another series of this as it was very successful.

In reading, I am in The Netherlands, following a painting, that may be a Vermeer, through history. (Girl in Hyacinth Blue, Susan Vreeland)

Where is reading taking you today? Leave a comment, write a post, spread the word.

14 comments:

  1. I'd like to be in The Netherlands today. But actually I'm just in the kitchen.

    You can visit me here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed that story!! I'm in Vermont.

    Here I am:
    http://lifeinthethumb.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesdays-and-its-tuesdaywhere_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the Northeast US.

    Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the time you take to host this meme each week. my teaser is here and I have a little something for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm In 12th century Glastonbury today -
    here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your book when I read it a while ago!

    I am in two places. In the first I am digging in the ancient tombs of Egypt (The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters). The other place I am in is country Victoria, on a camp that I don't want to be on. (Something Beautiful by Simmone Howell)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Washington DC.
    http://educatingpetunia.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-tuesdaywhere-are-you_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in Harper's Ferry, VA with an unlikely group of friends who are more like family, but we're wondering what's going to happen to us now... (Black Angels by Linda Beatrice Brown)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started three different books, and every single one of them takes place in England. It's a sign, I know it! I NEED to go to England soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm newly arrived in the US after surviving a harrowing voyage aboard a slave ship (Hill's Book of Negroes).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't the last BofB show awesome? I knew Jamie and her partner would win, but wow, amazing how far along all the hockey guys came. Yet even so - it made me so, so happy to see her dance with her husband. I imagine all the hockey guys were saying 'Oh, so THAT'S how it's done!'

    My DH commented that Canada is probably the only country where we can run more than one season of this show, considering the huge supply of skaters of both types.

    Was great to see your name pop up on my blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, forgot to say: I'm in a dystopian future United States (Guardian by Claire Delacroix)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've finally gotten to Rilla of Ingleside, so I'm in PEI with the Blythe family, worrying about the fate of Jem as he fights in WWI.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally missed this week :( I had too many commitments. I will be back on for next week. I love this meme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)